Illumine 2019 - Sunday May 12
Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 7:00 PM @ Historic Oakland Cemetery
lllumine 2019 is an unforgettable interactive evening event for the whole family designed to (literally) shed light on the fascinating untold stories and unique beauty of Atlanta’s historic Oakland Cemetery.
From May 9 – 12, ticket holders can grab a craft cocktail or soft drink as the sun goes down and wander with friends and family through a historic landscape alive with light and art. Entrance to Oakland Cemetery for Illumine 2019 begins at 7:00pm, and last entrance is at 9:30pm. Illumine ends one hour after last entry.
Conceptualized by local artists and designers, Illumine’s ethereal tableaux and botanic displays from cemetery gates to greenhouse will educate, enlighten, and inspire you with the breathtaking lights of the Atlanta skyline as a backdrop. In addition to the mile-long light display, this rare after-hours experience at a treasured Atlanta landmark will offer live music from The Shoal Creek Stranglers, signature craft cocktails from the Old 4th Distillery, an Oakland pop-up shop, and more.
Tickets go on sale for Historic Oakland Foundation members on February 18 and to the public on March 4. HOF members will be emailed a link and access code to purchase tickets. (If you have not received the code please email [email protected])
Each evening of Illumine 2019 has a limited number of tickets to ensure the best experience for each visitor, buy your tickets in advance to guarantee that you can experience Illumine 2019.
What you will see
- Dozens of displays including lanterns, light-boxes, illuminated headstones, mausolea, and botanicals
- Archival images and film projected throughout the Cemetery
- Lighting effects to shine a light on many previously untold stories of Oakland Cemetery, including a poignant and provocative tribute to the people buried and then removed from “Slave Square” and highlighting the individuals buried in unmarked graves in North Public Grounds
Dinner Deals at Local Resturants
Ticket holders will receive a significant discount at nearby restaurants:
- Tin Lizzy’s: 25% off at Tin Lizzys Grant Park (in-store only.)
- YourPie Grant Park: 50% off draft beers (Valid with ticket stub only. In store only at YourPie Grant Park. Cannot be combined with other offers.)
- Mezcalitos Cocina & Tequila Bar: 15% off entire tab on regular priced food items. (Cannot be combined with other offers. Dine in only. Expires 5/13/2019.)
Know before you go
- Entrance to Oakland Cemetery for Illumine 2019 begins at 7:00pm, and last entrance is at 9:30pm. Illumine ends one hour after last entry.
- Advanced tickets are a better value and are strongly encouraged for faster entry to the Cemetery and to ensure that you can attend on your preferred day.
- General Admission tickets purchased at the gate are subject to a $5 walk-up fee.
- Ticket price does not include tax or fees.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals, are not permitted.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
Rain or Shine
Illumine 2019 is a rain or shine event. In the event of serious inclement weather, ticket holders will be notified and allowed to use their tickets on one of the other event evenings.